School counselling staff are members of the school learning and support team.
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s learning and support team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
The school counselling service can:
- support students who are worrying about school work, friends, getting in trouble at school or feeling down
- help parents and carers make decisions about your child’s education
- assess a student’s learning and behaviour
- help teachers and students identify and address disabilities that may affect learning
- liaise with other agencies regarding student wellbeing.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit:
Cambewarra Public School has a fully accredited School Psychologist and a Defence Force Transition Aide available to support students and their families.
Melinda Bolton is our School Psychologist. Melinda is onsite on Thursdays. You can make an appointment to talk with her by ringing the school office on (02) 4446 0038.
Cristine Watson is our Defence Force Transition Aide (DSTA), she welcomes contact and enquiries from Defence families. Please call the office to contact her on (02) 4446 0038.